Super Deluxe Message Boards
November 15, 2019, 02:32:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Another Tournament II Final Results

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: BEST-MIX  (Read 18048 times)
DGJ
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2007, 03:31:47 AM »

i can't speak for anyone else, but i'm not "mad" or anything that vodka won.  it seemed pretty clear from the get-go that that'd be the file to beat, it's just the fact that it was almost certainly the winner so early while there was still a lot of competition left that irritated me.

But so you guys know how to vote better for next time, if you don't want a file to win, vote for the one in 2nd or 3rd, not for the ones in last place if you don't want it to win.

hahaha, any strategy was done not with the idea of seeing a certain song lose, but with increasing the number of votes in the pool and thereby decreasing the percentage a person would get (in theory).  and since ideally you want to beat the song and win and not help someone else do it, you'd spread votes out amongst the less popular (but by no means lesser quality) files.

i'm just glad i got more than three votes

I feel the results are good, although nDDRo didn't sweep the tournament so I figure you all will think otherwise. Oh well. Tongue

i didn't think i'd win, but i didn't think i'd do this well either so i'm pretty happy with the results overall.

We are Super Vibrator
It's because we are better persons and, as you should know, if you become a better person you become a tsundere. Idiot.
DGJ
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2007, 03:37:18 AM »

i wonder what ebisu will spend his $5 on

We are Super Vibrator
It's because we are better persons and, as you should know, if you become a better person you become a tsundere. Idiot.
BLueSS
Meso

YO

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2007, 03:38:34 AM »

haha, I guess it just seemed like you guys had a vendetta against Vodka. And only winning by one vote is pretty much as close as you can get to still holding onto a lead.  Tongue 

i wonder what ebisu will spend his $5 on
Maybe he can pick up a used copy of ITG? Wink
Ebisumaru

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2007, 06:19:34 AM »

i am totally cool with fourth place even if i made a lot of angry drama Smiley
#Infinity
Meso

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2007, 01:26:54 PM »

If he accepts it, I'm giving my $10 prize to Titiln because his file desreved to do sooo much better than it ultimately did.  I can't believe DJ Potatoe actually rated it lower than Over 9000.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 01:29:19 PM by #Infinity » Logged
Ebisumaru

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2007, 02:42:10 PM »

wow #infinity, you've reached new levels of sucking up!
Juub005

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2007, 07:51:52 PM »

next time I'll enter, with "vote for me" background animations, and finish higher than first

lrxevan

hey look its a chick pic avatar i must be cool

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2007, 09:54:36 PM »

next time I'll enter, with "vote for me" background animations, and finish higher than first

well

titiln
Administrator

do you believe in ghosts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2007, 12:10:14 AM »

* Titiln receives falling microphone

first and foremost, i'd like to congratulate CHMUREK for winning the contest with an EXCITING eurobeat file with CRAZY background animations. i mean, if it works in ddrextreme.dreamhosters.com contests then it might also work in... normal contests.
secondly, i would, no, i DEMAND that dj potatoe never EVER judges ANYTHING in his LIFE again. it's really, really unfortunate that, due to other judges disappearing, his reviews counted for the contest, therefore JOBBING ME OUT. the fact that this DISC JOCKEY gave my file a score lower than OVER 9000, a file made by someone who still thinks goatse jokes are funny, shows that you should never get anywhere near stepmania again. oh, i guess neonfm's astounding success shows that too. what's that, the 16ths in my file are uncalled for? when they're following the LOUD SYNTHLINE and there's nothing else to follow? okay, thanks for the useful feedback! don't come back! ever! keep on being like naoki, see how it works out.

DGJ
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2007, 12:21:35 AM »

i now consider zounder my rival

We are Super Vibrator
#Infinity
Meso

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2007, 12:27:16 AM »

Titiln, did you see my offering?
titiln
Administrator

do you believe in ghosts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2007, 12:35:04 AM »

yeah, i read it, and after considering it... i would like to cash in money in the #infinity bank for a somethingawful forums account. is that possible???

THANKS

BLueSS
Meso

YO

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2007, 12:58:48 AM »

I don't know if that should even be considered a prize...
titiln
Administrator

do you believe in ghosts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2007, 01:03:54 AM »

i want to read and make a couple of posts in the wrestling board, haha

lrxevan

hey look its a chick pic avatar i must be cool

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2007, 11:57:43 AM »

first and foremost, i'd like to congratulate CHMUREK for winning the contest with an EXCITING eurobeat file with CRAZY background animations. i mean, if it works in ddrextreme.dreamhosters.com contests then it might also work in... normal contests.
secondly, i would, no, i DEMAND that dj potatoe never EVER judges ANYTHING in his LIFE again. it's really, really unfortunate that, due to other judges disappearing, his reviews counted for the contest, therefore JOBBING ME OUT. the fact that this DISC JOCKEY gave my file a score lower than OVER 9000, a file made by someone who still thinks goatse jokes are funny, shows that you should never get anywhere near stepmania again. oh, i guess neonfm's astounding success shows that too. what's that, the 16ths in my file are uncalled for? when they're following the LOUD SYNTHLINE and there's nothing else to follow? okay, thanks for the useful feedback! don't come back! ever! keep on being like naoki, see how it works out.

i don't think i've ever seen this much stuff come from titiln

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: