Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/hate/sd.mistrust.com/mb/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
ANOTHER TOURNAMENT II: Final Results
Super Deluxe Message Boards
April 26, 2017, 05:44:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Another Tournament II Final Results

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: ANOTHER TOURNAMENT II: Final Results  (Read 65564 times)
titiln
Administrator

do you believe in ghosts

View Profile WWW
« on: May 28, 2008, 12:31:40 AM »

1st Place with 8 votes

Paramore - Misery Business by BLueSS

2nd Place with 6 votes

kors k feat. Rie - Rising in the sun (original mix) by RVN-G

3rd Place with 4 votes

DJ SIMON - SWEET LAB by DJ Raijin

Here is what the judges thought in the first round:
1st - 60 - kors k feat. Rie - Rising in the sun (original mix)
2nd - 59 - Paramore - Misery Business
2nd - 59 - DJ SIMON - SWEET LAB by DJ Raijin

Judge's comments:
Juub005
Ebisumaru
Titiln

Congrats to everyone!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 12:33:12 AM by Titiln » Logged

DGJ
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 12:37:05 AM »

not only did a file get a perfect score, but two other files came within 1 point of being tied with that perfect score Shocked

We are Super Vibrator
It's because we are better persons and, as you should know, if you become a better person you become a tsundere. Idiot.
lrxevan

hey look its a chick pic avatar i must be cool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 01:10:01 AM »

For the record I really wanted rising in the sun to win, that file was great.

Grats to BLueSS, though!  Make sure you paypal yourself the 10$.

DJ Raijin
Meso

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 01:19:09 AM »

Congrats to bluess! Also, lol @ bluess keeping the prize money from best mix 1.5!
Sir.Rendr
Meso

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 01:32:45 AM »

Haha, nice BLueSS! We finally have a taker for the moooooooney! That was indeed a very fun file. I do play it often and makes me wonder why I don't like rock music that much because your entry was pretty SWEEEEEEET!

I also wanted Rising in the Sun to win, as it was the song I posted earlier that I will never forget to play. Thank you very much for that fantastic entry, RVN-G! You've truely inspired me to step trance again.

Also, congrats to Super_Ray on your what, 4th consecutive time in the Final round of a competition? Or something seriously insane like that. Your simfile did impress me. It was surprisingly a very fun 6 foot chart. It kind of reminded me of Peace Out (although that's a 7 footer), which is a complement.

Welp, I hope you guys had as much as I did with my 3rd entry to an nDDRo tournament! Wink
DGJ
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 01:51:01 AM »

being in the top 3 in a tournament with such excellent files is an amazing accomplishment in itself, so i hope neither RVN-G or DJ Raijin feel disappointed

it was only around the final day that misery business established a real lead, with both files taking a 1 point lead at some time and tieing frequently (sorry sweet lab Sad).  that's why i wanted to make sure everyone voted!!

Welp, I hope you guys had as much as I did with my 3rd entry to an nDDRo tournament! Wink

i certainly had my fill of h!p kidz

We are Super Vibrator
It's because we are better persons and, as you should know, if you become a better person you become a tsundere. Idiot.
titiln
Administrator

do you believe in ghosts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 01:58:11 AM »

I hope you guys had as much as I did with my 3rd entry to an nDDRo tournament! Wink
WHAT

#Infinity
Meso

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 02:03:05 AM »

That the file I voted for in the finals won =  Smiley

Everything else about this tournament =  Sad
DGJ
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 02:06:53 AM »

i'm really tired of you

We are Super Vibrator
#Infinity
Meso

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 02:16:45 AM »

You know what, I feel like a loser after both of these tournaments - I had high hopes for Tomodachi Big Friend in AT I, and none of you could care less about it.  I know it's eurobeat, but then we come to AT II with Laser Light, which is also eurobeat, and you guys just praise its steps!  Given all the surprisingly high ratings to the other files here, I can just imagine how badly I would've done had I entered...

It makes my dream of someday becoming an nDDRo member look like a complete turd (I know that sounds extreme, but I've got to be honest).  Undecided
DGJ
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 02:30:33 AM »

oh i thought you were complaining about a tournament again, carry on

We are Super Vibrator
#Infinity
Meso

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 02:35:56 AM »

Just to be a little more specific so you can get what I mean, I thought I was being careful to make Tomodachi Big Friend stand out as more than just a plain eurobeat file - aside from picking a cute song that wasn't overly formulaic even for eurobeat, I tried to carry in a solid amount of variety without shying away from creative ideas - I tried to phrase everything appropriately to prevent repetition, and I even added some jackhammers to make the streams more interesting (and later, crossovers during the chorus).  It all failed...

Either way, thanks a lot guys for putting up a really cool tournament with great files; I just don't feel like I have much self esteem after the results I've seen from these competitions.
BLueSS
Meso

YO

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 02:40:10 AM »

Cheesy    Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised and extremely grateful for everyone who enjoyed my file enough to support it!  As this is the first time I've made a simfile that hasn't sucked in one way or another, I definitely have a new benchmark for the files I plan on making in the future.  Smiley
I had a TON of feedback about the file from pre-judging and secret testers that I am extremely grateful for! I could guarantee that the original version wouldn't have done quite as well as the final one did (good thing that old banner is no more).

I enjoyed the other top files as well, and it was definitely a tough set of files to go against!

Grats to BLueSS, though!  Make sure you paypal yourself the 10$.
Congrats to bluess! Also, lol @ bluess keeping the prize money from best mix 1.5!
haha, this $10 is going to keep passing from contest to contest. It's the legendary $10 prize now... if anyone accepts it, something bad might happen to that person.  Lips sealed 
...like maybe Titiln's luck will rub off onto someone else if they accept it!   Tongue

Haha, nice BLueSS! We finally have a taker for the moooooooney! That was indeed a very fun file. I do play it often and makes me wonder why I don't like rock music that much because your entry was pretty SWEEEEEEET!
being in the top 3 in a tournament with such excellent files is an amazing accomplishment in itself, so i hope neither RVN-G or DJ Raijin feel disappointed
Definitely, congratulations to RVN-G and Super_Ray for their excellent files as well!

I had a lot of fun during the tournament, even though it wasn't that active. I hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I do and I'll definitely be back to defend my title in the next one!  Smiley
y3v0n
Meso

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 03:18:14 AM »

Just to be a little more specific so you can get what I mean, I thought I was being careful to make Tomodachi Big Friend stand out as more than just a plain eurobeat file - aside from picking a cute song that wasn't overly formulaic even for eurobeat, I tried to carry in a solid amount of variety without shying away from creative ideas - I tried to phrase everything appropriately to prevent repetition, and I even added some jackhammers to make the streams more interesting (and later, crossovers during the chorus).  It all failed...

Either way, thanks a lot guys for putting up a really cool tournament with great files; I just don't feel like I have much self esteem after the results I've seen from these competitions.

WHAT A DIVA. How long ago was AT 1? Move on dude, seriously.

Also, congrats to BLueSS, a nicely deserved victory, and to RVN-G and DJ Raijin for coming so close to winning! Smiley
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 03:22:41 AM by y3v0n » Logged
Juub005

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 05:27:17 AM »

Two things: I voted Sweet Lab for its silky smooth steps and especially the end and for giving me that awesome DDR vibe I look for in a file, but any of the top three entries deserved to win the tournament, so congratulations BlueSS on what I believe is your first placement in the finals of a contest and a nice win to top that off! Smiley Also, as a side note, I kind of wish I rated 2 HEARTS a 5 on heavy, having played it on pad and absolutely loving it, just as a side note. My bad.

Shit, you guys were good, though. See you all next tournament, hopefully! And who are you, sir.rendr???

#inf- Don't get discouraged about how well you theoretically would've done in this tournament. You've just got to spice up your game a little, and to take a tip from sanchny (who gives me a lot of good tips), probably specifically your song selection (e.g. don't step eurobeat for Another Tournament it will just be a pain in the ass for you to try and do it and it won't be a fun process--keep in mind how many eurobeat files I alone have played from you, however I would like to point out I enjoyed TBF on pad but didn't really get a chance to point that out).

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: